photo home-6.jpg  photo family.jpg  photo loves-1.jpg  photo nest.jpg  photo chat-1.jpg

Saturday, July 28

Yankee Doodle Dandy of a Party {Part 1}

On July 6th, our sweet little man, Gray Davis turned a year old! We can not believe it!! Where has an entire year gone???

We decided to have an all out, all American birthday bash! It was SO fun to put together and everyone really seemed to have a great time!! Of course, things were going crazy trying to get everything ready, so there were tons of ideas that I didn’t even get to execute. But I really think what we did get done is perfect! It hadn’t rained in Memphis for over a month and OF COURSE it rained that weekend! It did ruin the plans of everyone being outside for the entire party, so we moved the food inside. Luckily it stopped raining just before his party, so we were still able to hang out in the backyard and the kiddos got to play. It actually turned out better! (just more mess for me to clean up when everyone left! ha!)

I am so excited to share his party pics!!! The birthday boy had a blast!!

DSC_0296 

Cake and Desert table… I’m pretty sure I bought Hobby Lobby completely out of red, white, and blue supplies! haha! It was just as I had imagined.. perfect! (you know.. b/c Gray SO noticed! ha!)

DSC_0293       DSC_0294

Firecracker Fruit Kabobs and Watermelon Stars (my krispies were falling apart!! luckily, they don’t look TOO bad in this pic!)

DSC_0295       DSC_0297

I was going to have someone make him a smash cake, but ended up just doing it myself. I just wanted something really simple and I think it looked just fine!

DSC_0298       DSC_0299

My favorite thing about the entire party….. SnoCone cupcakes! Yes, those are cupcakes!!! Like I said, it was an All American 4th of July bash theme, so what better than red, white, and blue snocones???! When I saw this pin on pinterest, I knew that I had to make them!! I ordered the “ice cream cups”, spoons, and twine on etsy! They were AWESOME!!!! Everyone loved them!

DSC_0300

I just had to have an old Coke crate and it ended up holding the Firecracker Popcorn cones perfectly!

DSC_0177       DSC_0178

I ended up just ordering his banner on etsy. I just really didn’t have the time to do it myself and when I saw this one, I just fell in love with it! It was perfect!

DSC_0302       DSC_0303

Whimsy Cookies came through yet again with FABULOUS cookies!!! I love love LOVE them!!

DSC_0304       DSC_0305

more food and candy!

DSC_0306

Gray’s party goodies.. hat (which he did not wear! ha!), cup, diaper cover, and bib!

DSC_0307

I did make his water bottle labels! They match his invitation and book labels!

DSC_0309

Lemonade, water, mason jars, and patriotic straws!!

DSC_0310

Since we had originally planned for the party to be outside, we bought sparklers for everyone hold while singing “Happy Birthday”. Since that didn’t happen, the kiddos all got to play with these after the party! (I think they had more fun doing that anyway!)

DSC_0311

Party Favors.. what’s more American than glass bottle Cokes and Cracker Jacks??!

DSC_0312       DSC_0316

Perk #246 of hiring a summer nanny…. she’s an AMAZING chalkboard artist!!!! Thank you, Alyssa, for the welcome sign! :)

DSC_0314

Of course, the stars and stripes were flying on the front porch!

DSC_0317

Summer crab on the front door!

DSC_0318

DSC_0319

more Whimsy Cookies! These are her “whimsy bites”.. soo cute!

DSC_0320       DSC_0325

Aunt Lyns and Ole RP were there!!! Even if we did have to drag them away from Pickwick! ;)

DSC_0326 

The kids LOVED the trampoline!!!

DSC_0327

Obviously, we didn’t inherit the same “tanning” gene! ha!

DSC_0330       DSC_0331

Food tables outside… menu – burgers and hot dogs! We also had chips (in the brown bags) and mac & cheese! Keeping’ it All American! I even found old fashion burger and hot dog trays! It was perfect!

DSC_0334

Birthday Boy got a chance to jump too! He LOVES it!

DSC_0005

He wasn’t really sure why everyone was staring at him!

DSC_0008       DSC_0010

DSC_0011       DSC_0012

Then he saw cake and that seemed to make up for it! ;) He seemed to love his Happy Birthday attention!!

DSC_0014

He dug right in!! He ended up eating about 1/2 his cake!

DSC_0016

DSC_0019

DSC_0021       DSC_0022

DSC_0025

Mommy, Daddy, and our baby! The last “1st Birthday” we’ll ever have!!! My babies have gotten entirely too big!

DSC_0026

Our little family! I am one incredibly blessed lady!

DSC_0027

Lu and her monster grubbing on the sugary goodness!

DSC_0030       DSC_0031

more decorations! The popcorn was DELISH!

DSC_0032

Favor table with sign that Lyns made for me!

DSC_0033  DSC_0034  DSC_0035

Getting cleaned up from his cake! Goo Goo and Sally were huge helpers! They love their boy!

DSC_0042-001

Once it cooled off, guests were able to relax outside and eat. It ended up being a great evening!

DSC_0045-001

G got some of is fave… HOT DOGS! He was happy!

DSC_0047-001

This is going to be a table of drama and TROUBLE in about 8 years!!! Oh boy!

DSC_0052-001       DSC_0054-001

The girls were showing off their flips on the trampoline. They had so much fun!

DSC_0059-001

Stickles Fam!

DSC_0061-001

Ethan couldn’t let Uncle RP leave without a mini archery lesson! Of course, he didn’t mind at all!

DSC_0065-001

A few of my favorite ladies!!! I am so lucky to have such great friends!!

DSC_0022.NEF

Gray’s invitation! And, yes.. that silhouette is Mr. Gray himself!! :)

DSC_0024.NEF       DSC_0025.NEF

In lieu of gifts, we asked for books. We have WAY too many toys so I thought something different would be fun. I made bookplates and mailed them out with him invitations. We also had a patriotic book that we had everyone sign like a guest book. I LOVED the book idea!!! We now have so many fun new books and Gray will have something to keep for a long time! :)

 

I have more party pics to share!! We had an amazing time! Part 2 to follow….

2 comments:

Sarah said...

How is already one?!?!! Oh my goodness! And this party, you did an amazing job!!!

Jenny said...

Love the party! The decorations are amazing and love the books idea