photo home-6.jpg  photo family.jpg  photo loves-1.jpg  photo nest.jpg  photo chat-1.jpg

Sunday, January 1

Meet Jolly!

I have to apologize for being SO extremely behind on blogging!! I don’t even know where to pick back up! The past two weeks have been so full of activities that I just haven’t had the time to sit down and upload pics/edit/blog. Now that the holidays are over, I am going to make it my goal to get all caught up this week.

I’ll start with the last few days/events leading up to Christmas.

This year we had our very own elf that came to visit!! Now, of course, the regular old Elf On The Shelf just would not do! I decided to sew up our own little elf. However, I waited until the first of December and then I unexpectedly had my surgery. So needless to say, I was hurriedly trying to finish him up while I was recuperating. Not a pretty site, I assure you. I got him finished though!! His face didn’t turn out quite like I hoped though. He’s going to need a makeover before next year. My original intention was to make an elf for each kiddo. Under the circumstances though, I was happy to at least get one together. Next year, he’ll bring friends!!

SO… Meet Jolly! He’s our favorite little elf from the North Pole!

DSC_0157

Jolly arrived on the 12th of December and stayed for 10 days.

DSC_0158

DSC_0159

DSC_0161

He was VERY mischievous while he was visiting!!! His first night, he wrote the kiddos a sweet note, strung Christmas lights all over the dining room, and got a box of Lucky Charms out!

 

DSC_0162 DSC_0164

The next few nights were followed by… making chocolate chip cookies, which of course called for a snow angel in the flour!..

 

DSC_0166 DSC_0167

leaving messages (and TOOTHPASTE!) in the bathroom..

 

DSC_0191

… replacing our stockings with everyone’s underwear! (except Mommy’s!) ;)…

DSC_0195

.. giving some of his pals a ride on Gray’s choo choo…

DSC_0244

.. helping himself to some breakfast goodies!..

DSC_0004 DSC_0003

.. leaving colorful drawings on the chalkboard..

DSC_0029

.. he enjoyed a fun game of Operation.

He also climbed to the top of the Christmas tree and hung out with Santa. Last, but best of all….

DSC_0058-001

He TP’d the kitchen!!!! He also left a sweet goodbye note for the kiddos!

DSC_0062-001

We had SO much fun with Jolly this year! Really, I don’t know who had more fun.. us or the kids! They were immediately looking for him every single morning. I don’t know if he really helped with the “behavior” aspect but he definitely helped in the “belief” category! This year was the year that the rumors started amongst Lilly’s friends that Santa isn’t real. One of her close friends in her class told her that she didn’t believe in Santa. Luckily, LK still believes!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

What a cute idea!