photo home-6.jpg  photo family.jpg  photo loves-1.jpg  photo nest.jpg  photo chat-1.jpg

Tuesday, August 10

my new J-O-B!!!

That's right! I have a new JOB! I just knew my days of being a stay-at-home mom weren't going to last long! ha! ;)

This year I am going to start teaching at Ethan's school. I will be a Pre-K 3 teacher. I will have my hands full with 12 precious little 3 1/2 - 4 year olds! It definitely should be interesting! haha! I have never taught before, so I am a little lost. Luckily, my co-teacher, Mrs. Lauren has taught this class throughout the summer and has previously taught 3rd and 4th graders. So, that helps.. ALOT!



Today was my very first day and it surprisingly went VERY well. We follow a strict curriculum, so our day was already very planned out with shapes, colors, chapel, spanish, body parts and feelings! Not to mention our free play, circle time and PE time in the gym!

I have several of the little ones who were in Ethan's class last year, so I already knew them. (which made drop-off go so much smoother!) Ethan is actually in this age group, but he's in the other class (there's 2 for each age group) since I'm teaching. There is NO way I could teach my own child.. he would NOT listen! lol

So... every Tuesday and Thursday, I will be at 2nd Baptist PDO! It is definitely a change of pace for me, but I think I will really enjoy it! :) (and I will definitely enjoy not only getting paid but also getting FREE tuition!! YAY!!!) I will keep everyone posted on how it goes! I'm sure I'll start hearing lots of interesting stories from all the little ones! :)


Photobucket

3 comments:

Haley said...

Awesome! I have my book from KDO that you are welcome to look through for some really fun crafts if you want. You will love it!

The Undomestic Mom said...

glad your first day went well!

Together We Save said...

Good luck with the new job.