photo home-6.jpg  photo family.jpg  photo loves-1.jpg  photo nest.jpg  photo chat-1.jpg

Tuesday, February 23

personal challenge: 21 days to a better ME!


Today, as I was blog browsing, I came across this challenge on Julie's blog. She is following along with Summer , who started this! I thought that this sounded like a great idea!! I mean, I'm happy with myself.. but everyone could use a little sprucing up, right?! So, why not...

I'm behind a few days, so I'm throwing them all into one to get caught up.. here we go!

Day 1:
today's challenge:
Think of something you are willing to give up for 21 days,
and commit to it once and for all.
Write it down.
Tell someone so they can help to hold you accountable.
and remember,
it's just for 21 days.
you can do anything for 21 days.

What am I giving up?? I'm going along with Julie here.. Cursing! Now, I dont curse hardly ever.. I think it's completely unattractive. BUT, one does slip out every now and then.. particularly while driving.. ha! So.. I'm going to do better! AND - if I can swing it.. I'm going to try to give up caffeine too! Surely, I can make it 21 days?! RIGHT?? :/

Day 2:
today's challenge:
Let today be a day that you are focused on going out of your way to show love
and kindness to the people around you.
Whether that means sending a card,
writing a thoughtful email or note,
doing a chore for someone,
or spending extra intentional time with a friend, child or family member....
Whatever it may be, just find as many ways as you can throughout the day and do
them.
And do them with a heart full of love.


Well, I am FULL of Love today!! I finally finished LK's Birthday Thank-you notes! I even dropped a few lines to a few special ladies in my life! :) Tonight I plan on spending a little quality time with my sister at Zumba and Yoga (lord, just kill me now.. ha!) and I even have some story time planned with a certain big bad six year old at home!!! This is one area I definitely need to get better at.. showing my love! Well, friends and family.. get ready for the wave of love from this girl! :)

And today's...

Day 3:
todays challenge:
Today's focus is on the blessings in your life.
My mentor mom keeps a blessings journal,
and each day she keeps track and writes down all the blessings of her day.
I think it's such an incredible idea, one that can only bring about joy.
So grab a notebook and keep track of each and every blessing that comes your
way.
When you're looking for them, you'll be sure to find them.


What a great idea!! Definitely starting a journal!
Today's blessings... money in my bank account, a good chat over bagels with the two loves of my life, sunshine, happiness, a sweet text from my hubby that began with "God, I love you!"
... and the day is just beginning! :)



So, go over to these ladies blogs and join along with the challenge! :)
Photobucket

1 comment:

Summer said...

Yay!!! So fun that you are joining in!

I'm so the same way with letting a cuss word slip in while driving!

And just like I had to remind myself yesterday when I felt like the biggest failure....

It's all about doing my best.

Ahhhh, grace. What a tough concept. =)