photo home-6.jpg  photo family.jpg  photo loves-1.jpg  photo nest.jpg  photo chat-1.jpg

Monday, March 28

I like to Move It, Move It!

One thing Chris and I have tried to make sure to do with the kids is to spend special time with each of them away from their brother or sister. This weekend was Ethan's turn! (LK will get hers in June! - details to come..) I knew that Sesame Street Live was in town, but he didn't want to go. He's a little too big for SSL these days. At first, I was a little heartbroken b/c I knew how much LK loved it when she saw it. I wasn't sure what to take him to see/do. Then, I heard from my friend, Lauren, that Madagascar Live was going to be at the Orpheum!! PERFECT! Tickets were a little pricey, but I figured that it had to be worth it.

We decided to go on Sunday evening in hopes that it wouldn't be as crowded.. good choice! We had great seats!!! Ethan was able to see everything and there wasn't anyone sitting next to us. The show was adorable. I am so glad we went. I think all in all Ethan really enjoyed it. I have to say though, that we probably wont take him to another event like this again. (other than Disney On Ice... he LOVES that!!) He seemed to enjoy it and he was extremely well behaved, however, this was definitely not his cup of tea. As we were pulling into Downtown, Chris mentioned that there was a Grizzlies game, well, Ethan heard that and from that point on, that's al he wanted to do! About 10 minutes into the show, he asked if he could leave and go to the game! ha! Luckily, a WAY overpriced well-worth-it toy saved the day and managed to keep his attention for the rest of the show.

My Sweet Boys

and, of course, to get a "smiling" picture these days.. I have to promise to take a "silly" picture next!

They loved their animal glasses


This look works MUCH better for Ethan!! ;)




AND.. the TOY! That crazy little spinny light-up thing that costs an arm and a leg.... I swear those vendors get you everytime! They know parents can't turn down their kiddos sweet faces!

It was like this.. the ENTIRE time!

At least he managed to sneak a peek of the show every now and then!



He really enjoyed the "I like to move it, move it" dance sequence. It was pretty cute! They let the kiddos get up and dance!



The show was really cute and they did a great job transforming it into a stage musical. I think from now on though, we'll stick to basketball, baseball and football games for E! We'll have to try another "Live" show when Gray hits about 2. I definitely recommend for all Memphis parents to check out the family programs that the Orpheum has every now and then. They are always REALLY good!!!

Other than that, we didn't do anything all weekend! I was on strict orders from the doctor to get as much rest as possible. I tried to get up and do laundry Saturday morning, but quickly found out that that was a no-go.. I started having some complications again. SO.. off to bed for me!

I did manage to catch Ethan making his own personal Bat Cave in Gray's crib!

I was also surprised with one of these:

A Strawberry Margarita Cupcake from GiGi's! I LOOOOVVVEEEEE Chris Stickles!!! And trust me, it was as a yummy as it looks! By far, the BEST cupcake I have every had!!

My sweet kiddos also make me some adorable art:

So.. that sums up our weekend! Today I have been trying to get everything squared away with our insurance and lawyers. I will be SO glad when it's all taken care of! I am just praying for a MUCH smoother sailing week. I have warned the kids that Mommy might just officially lose her mind if either one of them gets sick, calls me from school, OR injures themselves... AGAIN! ;)

Photobucket

No comments: