photo home-6.jpg  photo family.jpg  photo loves-1.jpg  photo nest.jpg  photo chat-1.jpg

Monday, October 3

HELP!!!

OK.. SO.. I've been wanting to reupholster an arm chair for our living room. Basically b/c I dont want to spend $300+ for a new one. (really.. CHRIS doesn't want to spend $300+ on a new one! ha!) Luckily, my sweet, amazing, generous (Dave Ramsey-ish) husband found the PERFECT candidate for me to try out my skills on. {and by skills, I mean... "lets-wing-this-and-see-how-it-turns-out-hey-the-chair-was-free-anyway" skills!!! you get the picture??} So, I have the chair, I have the desire to do the project... Problem.. I CAN NOT decide which fabric to buy!!! HELP!!

The Chair


.. and the fabric choices...






HELP ME!!! TELL ME WHICH ONE TO USE!!!
{for a look at our LR, go to this post. it's pretty much the same, however, no more orange and we have this rug now..}

Photobucket

7 comments:

Kathryn said...

I love the houndstooth:) Color can be added with throw pillows. Also throw pillows are easier to change out than chairs if you were to change your color scheme in your living room:)

Love from Texas said...

I will need to know how y'all do this and how it turns out! ...I love all those fabrics but I'm being drawn to the houndstooth. I guess because it's most versatile if you ever change up the room again?? And maybe do some throw pillows in the blue/yellow fabrics.

Natasha said...

i would TOTALLY go with the foral design with the birds on it...reason being, the lines of the chair are a bit feminine so this will look great with it, and then to put the nailhead trim back on with the other more masculine pieces in the room, it'll look GREAT!

Rachel L. said...

I would pick Chevron! Its so pretty but the floral with birds, it would be more flexible for the long run. They are all great! Good luck!

Sarah said...

I LOVE the chevron, but would probably go with the floral. They're all gorgeous fabrics, but I would think the floral may be the "easiest" of the choices (no lines to match up, etc.) Definitely keep us posted! I have a chaise I am wanting to re-cover, but haven't had the nerve to try it yet!!

Kathryn Reynolds said...

Tough! I really like the houndstooth though.

According to Jax said...

This is a very ambitious project lady!! (And exactly the kind of project I want to do too!!) I'm still working my way up to do a full upholstery! Please post step by steps for me! :)