photo home-6.jpg  photo family.jpg  photo loves-1.jpg  photo nest.jpg  photo chat-1.jpg

Friday, November 6

show us your life: thanksgiving


Today, Kelly, is hosting "Show Us Your Life: Thanksgiving Traditions & Recipes"!

We are pretty traditional in our house. We cook the usual oven roasted turkey. We have mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, deviled eggs, corn casserole.. oh, I could go on! :)

Now, our schedule.. FAR from ordinary! My parents were divorced when I was a little girl, so growing up, we would do Thanksgiving with my Mom's family on Thanksgiving Day and then again with my Dad's family on Saturday! (Friday is ALWAYS reserved for SHOPPING!) Well, now that I'm married, it's definitely a little different. We typically do my Mom's family early afternoon on Thanksgiving, Chris' family Thanksgiving night and then my Dad's family the following weekend. Gosh.. we are definitely "turkey'd" out after all that!!

Last year was the first year that Chris and I hosted Thanksgiving in our own home! It was such a treat! There is nothing better than having every single person you love under one roof!

This year, we're having my side of the family over for Thanksgiving dinner in the afternoon, and then heading over to Chris' parent's house that night. We are definitely looking forward to it! :)


Here's a few of my Thanksgiving Faves!

Hashbrown Casserole (you can look at Kelly's recipe)
and

Green Bean Casserole (take a peek at Paula's! YUM!)

I absolutely LOVE Thanksgiving!!!
Photobucket

No comments: