photo home-6.jpg  photo family.jpg  photo loves-1.jpg  photo nest.jpg  photo chat-1.jpg

Friday, October 30

Save A Life - Squish a Boob ... Race for the Cure 2009

Tomorrow is not only Halloween, but it is also the annual Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in Memphis. I absolutely LOVE this great cause, not only because I am a women, but because it hits very close to home. My own mother-in-law is a breast cancer survivor. She is almost 2 years in remission and we thank God for her every day! For the past several years, since she was diagnosed, my friends and I have been participating in this event in celebration of her. I have to admit that when we first signed up, we didn't know what we were in for. We loaded up our babies and headed out to walk for a cause. Little did we know the amount of people that would surround us and the sheer determination of some of the women to just finish the race... to look cancer in the face and say, "If I can walk 3 miles, sick as anything... I can surely beat you!" It's one of the most emotional events I've ever been a part of.

This year, I will be out there again, bright and early in the morning, walking for my sweet MIL! This year I'll only be walking with my family, but I know the experience will be just as heartwarming as it's ever been! We look forward to this all year long and eagerly anticipate it once October hits! One day I would love to do the 3-day walk!

Last year's team.. our shirts say "Save a Life - Squish a Boob".. complete with handprints in the appropriate places! :) The Stickles Family
Me & my sister


Our incredible Noni and her "precious"

even our little ones show the spirit!

saving lives... one boob squish at a time!


Ten years of climbin' that ladder
Oh, but money and power don't matter
When the doctor said "the cancer spread"
She holds on tight to her husband and babies
And says "this is just another test God gave me.
And I know just how to handle this

"I'll hold my head high
I'll never let this define
The light in my eyes
Love myself, give it Hell
I'll take on this world
If I stand and be strong
No, I'll never give up
I will conquer with love
And I'll fight like Like a girl

Oh, with style and grace
Kick ass and take names

And fight like a girl

*song - Fight like a Girl by Bombshell*

Photobucket


No comments: