photo home-6.jpg  photo family.jpg  photo loves-1.jpg  photo nest.jpg  photo chat-1.jpg

Monday, October 12

Wonderful Friends! (and strangers!)

Well, I have to be completely honest.. we just didn't do all that much this weekend! That's very NOT the norm these days, but it was nice! :) Friday night, Chris and I headed into B-town to visit with some old friends for a birthday party. My long time friend, Deaver (Bryant), was having a surprise party, so we had to go say hello and give some birthday well wishes. It was so good to catch up with everyone and see his sweet momma! We are looking forward to dropping back by to Ms. Carol for Halloween. She LOVES seeing the kiddos all dressed up! (she and LK have a long standing tradition of this!)

Other than that.. nothing. Just a WHOLE lot of cleaning. I found a few fleas on Miss Dixie this past week and flipped out! We have never had fleas, so I immediately wanted them gone! I know.. a few fleas, no biggie.. but the thought that they could be in my house was just too much for me to handle. I made Chris go get a flea fogger and we set them off all over the house. Followed up with carpet spray, a flea bath and some flea gel on Dixie... SO FAR we have not seen any more! So, because we set off the flea fogger, that meant that I had to clean.. everything! All surfaces lysol'd and pine sol'd.. all fabrics washed! Seriously, I dont think my house has been this clean in a long time!

That about sums up our weekend!

This morning, I was so surprised to see a friend of mine (well, actually.. I've never met her) had graciously mentioned me on her blog! Apparently she loves my paper products and wanted to tell the world. How kind is that?! I think I might actually have to meet her now! ;) So... go over to Natasha's blog and read what she wrote about my Sweet Lemons ... THEN, go over to Southern Paperie and take at look at her goodies!! LOVE LOVE LOVE her calligraphy! So, thank you, Natasha!

One more thing.. I heard this verse yesterday and it really made me feel alot better about alot of things.. I hope it does the same for you!

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." - Romans 8:28


Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a pretty dang good weekend! our pup brought in flea's once and I thought it was going to be the death of me! haha...sounds like you nipped that problem in the bud! Hope your having a great Monday so far! = )